What is Parker Dance Company?
The Goals of Parker Dance Company:
• Provide accelerated dance opportunities in addition to studio classes.
• Promote performing arts to the community.
• Provide a healthy team experience for dancers and their parents.
• Preparation for college or other community or professional opportunities.
• The successful achievement of these goals requires an intentional
partnership between the instructors, the parents and the dancers.
The Philosophy of Parker Dance Company:
To provide technical training for each dancer, and prepare them for their future with life lessons through dance education. The choreography and costumes are carefully chosen to be age-appropriate and tasteful. The
director, Heather Parker Schumacher, contributes countless hours (over and above instructing) to invest in the lives of the dancers. As a unit, we celebrate
the group and individual achievements of all of the dancers. You’ll find that the PDC provides a positive and encouraging environment where many lifelong friendships are formed. As such, a certain expectation of being a team player is demanded from both dancer and parent.